In honor of 2017, Guild President Tammy Takahashi has come up with a remarkable list of challenges for both knitters and crocheters. If you were looking to take your art to the next level...here is your chance.
We would love to hear how your challenge is coming along throughout the year. Let us know in the Ravelry forum or on our Facebook page.
Good Luck and Happy New Year!
- Knit one item a month
- Knit one item for yourself
- Knit one project over the weekend
- Knit one item for a special occasion
- Knit one item with a technique you’ve never done before
- Finish one item that’s been sitting on the shelf longer than 6 months
- Make one item with yarn you frogged from another project
- Make one wearable item
- Knit one item in your Ravelry queue
- Mark dedicated knit time on your calendar once a week
- Knit one mystery knit-a-long
- Knit one item for a family member or friend
- Take a class to improve your skills
- Learn to crochet
- Make one item that has knit and crochet in it
- Knit one item you designed or modified yourself
- Make a knit project from a book or magazine in your library
Here's a pdf of the 2017 Knitting Challenge to download, print and put in your planner, your desk, your knitting bag to track your accomplishments as the year moves forward.